Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17

Today, my teacher confirmed something I've suspected about this class for a long time. “This is just like high school or a job, you let your supervisor know if you can't get something in.” I'm glad someone is finally owning up to the fact that this class is just like being back in high school. We have contrived group projects, none of the readings really pertain to the class, late work isn't a big deal, we have busy work all the time (I consider all of our homework busy work), and, when it comes down to it, this class's worth will be summed up when I check it off my list of required classes.

Speaking of that, the teacher asked us all to write down our impressions about the walkabout on a slip of paper. She assured us that, probably within a half hour, our papers would be shredded. Excuse me? You're going to read through them once and then shred them? (Saying that she'll read them is kind of a large assumption, but I can be optimistic at times.) I realize you don't care about our opinions, but this is a little much. I hope she takes my honest statement that I don't understand why we went on the walkabout to heart. Because they asked for student input in arranging this class, then ignored it, I doubt anyone will care about my opinion, though.

There was one bright spot to this class: one of our papers and our final reading are canceled. They wouldn't want us to have to spend effort on a class that has no merit close to finals. I'm glad they realize the pointlessness of this class, at least in part.

None of these penguins took this class, and look how happy they are!

1 comment: