Sunday, February 13, 2011

February 10

Sorry this post is late. Clearly, I was considering how to be a great leader.

One of the first things we learned again in class today is that both the Humane Society and something like picking up trash in a park are “not humane enough”. Apparently, different volunteering projects have a set level of humane-ness. Well, that's one thing I learned from this class, anyway.

Then our teacher handed around something called the Social Identity Wheel. Basically, she wanted us to to mark the traits we used most often and least often to identify people, which ways of classifying ourselves we thought about most, and which labels have the strongest effect on how we perceive ourselves. I have the wheel for you here:

The line for between Age and National Origin looks like it was put in at the last minute. Age isn't a real identity.

Personally, I don't label myself by any of these too often. I tend to think of myself as a person, you know, a mix of things and not easily classifiable by one word. That's just me. I'm sure there's plenty of people who only have one side to them and are nothing else except that. No, wait. That other thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment