Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27

The crowning jewel of this day was when we got a handout of a PowerPoint presentation.  I was skimming through it when I noticed this: "Does IQ alone enough?"

What?  I understand that people don't use complete sentences in PowerPoints, but they need to be understandable.  It's never too early for a little irony in your day.

Shaking my head, at least on the inside, I continued reading the printed PowerPoint.  Then, I saw the question, "What were some examples of emotionally intelligent leaders that you posted to Moodle?"  Looking back before I made this post, I saw that my initial response was right: we weren't asked about emotionally intelligent leaders.  I wish they would read their own material.

The next slide declared, "Leadership development programs yield disappointing results, wasting billions of dollars."  This makes me wonder about the wisdom of having this class.  Again.

Then, after the teacher told us that volunteering for the Humane Society wasn't good enough for the volunteer requirement of five hours, we ended class.  I wondered about the rampant species-ism of this class before I shrugged on my backpack and left.

Also, as I realized later, we never shared the things we wrote and brought to class.  How silly of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment